Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Started with Fingerlakes

Well I've been working for Fingerlakes since Monday now and I have to say its the easiest job I've ever had but it's kind of a pain too. It is taking calls for a grant guide.

It seems their target demographic is people over the age of 70. This means that I am getting a lot of folks on the phone who can't hear so well and they can't hear me either so it's a big communication barrier. Monday I was getting back to back calls and I got a headache by the end of my shift. Tuesday and today are a lot slower so there is a lot more downtime in between calls.

And to address an issue: Do I feel bad for selling a grant guide to people who may be on disability or just getting social security? No, not at all. If they weren't buying this they would be buying something else that they don't need. At least this is something that could potentially help them it they take the time to send in for the grants.

Overall though it is going really well and I am enjoying it so far. I've still got applications out to a lot of other places and just sent in my contract to work for Liveops. There will be more about them in a future post.

No comments: